Last updated: February 14th, 2021
UPDATE Sunday, Feb 14th, 2021
- Temporary clinic arrangements have been made in the kitchen area at the rear of the Multi-purpose Hall (Gym).
- Clinic is OPEN TODAY at the regularly scheduled times (2:30 PM – 4:30 PM)
- Today’s schedule is for a cardiovascular specialist
At approximately 1:43 AM on Monday, February 8th, the Masjid AlSalam administrators received a call about a fire at the clinic located in the back of the masjid. Fire crews had arrived promptly and the fire was quickly put out Alhamdullilah.
Here is what we know at this point:
- Cause of the fire is unknown. Masjid is working with the fire department and other authorities to determine whether it was an equipment malfunction issue, or something else. There is no cause for panic – we will update the community of the results of the investigation when it is completed.
- Masjid Administration will look into all electrical and monitoring system checks and will verify that all systems are operating normally.
- Alhamdulillah the damage from the fire was minimal. Only the trailer that housed the clinic was affected.
- In-person operations of the Shifa Salam clinic are suspended until an alternative is found. Tele-medicine activities should continue as normal. We will provide an update from the Shifa team about operational planning as soon as we know more.
- The Multi-Purpose Hall (gym) and surrounding areas are affected by the smoke from the fire. There is a strong smell within the gym which may impact the daily salah gatherings. The Masjid administrators will be working to mitigate any inconvenience to the people that come for the daily salah. People with asthma or other allergies are particularly susceptible to problems from the strong smoke smell, and are advised to stay away or take necessary precautions.
- Organizers for any on-premise activities are requested to email the administrator ([email protected]) and coordinate whether such activities should resume or be cancelled due to smoke related issues.
Please keep the Shifa Salam clinic and all its organizers, facilitators, and volunteers in your Duas that everyone stays safe and that the clinic resumes its important work as soon as possible Inshallah.