The goal of the Masjid AlSalam scholarship program is to provide financial assistance for university or community college tuition to students in its community.
What we are offering:
- Four $2000/year scholarships and four $1500/year scholarships for up to two years to graduating high school students. To be awarded for the FALL 2018 semester.
- Two $2000/year scholarships and two $1000/year scholarships for up to two years (depending on credit hours) for applicants currently enrolled in college or university. This scholarship will only be awarded one-time to a given student. To be awarded for the SPRING 2018 semester.
Scholarships are not available for summer or minimester classes.
- Anyone may apply.
- Applicant must reside in one of the zip codes that are designated by ISGH to be serviced by Masjid AlSalam. These include:
- 77014, 77065, 77066, 77068, 77070, 77090, 77302, 77373, 77375, 77377, 77379, 77382, 77388,77389, 77395, 77429
- Attending an accredited public institution.
- Complete the required Masjid Al Salam Application form. On the form please indicate if you are applying for the Spring 2018 (currently in college) or Fall 2018.
- Submit the application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will then receive an ID number, which will be used for all required documents thereafter. DO NOT include your name on your essays. Include your ID # in all email correspondences.
- Submit resume via email (replace your name with your ID #)
- Submit Essay 1 to email@example.com describing your need for the scholarship and your academic and career goals. Use ID# instead of name.
- Max 2 pages, MLA Format (12 point font, 1” margins, double spaced)
- Submit Essay 2 to firstname.lastname@example.org answering the prompt of essay A, B or C from Apply Texas. (Link to Essay Topics - https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/includes_v2/essay_prompts_2017.pdf).
- Only one of the three essays (A, B, or C) that were prompted for are required for the essay 2 requirement.
- MLA Format (12 point font, 1” margins, double spaced)
- We recommend essay 2 to be at least 1 page double spaced (22 lines) and at most 3 and a half pages double spaced (~80 lines). If the essay submitted to Apply Texas is beyond that, we will still accept it, but we do not recommend you write that long of an essay
- Top scoring applicants will be required to attend an interview with the selection committee
- Spring 2018 recipients will be announced January 1st (subject to change). Fall 2018 Recipients will be announced prior to high school graduation.
- Spring 2018 deadline - December 1st
- Spring 2018 recipients announced- January 1st 2018 (Subject to change)
- Fall 2018 deadline - March 1st
- Fall 2018 recipients announced - June 2018
Requirements to maintain scholarship:
- 3.0+ GPA
- 12 credit hours a semester
- Complete 50 community service hours a year per semester of scholarship awarded PLUS one year.
- Good Academic Standing
For more information, please contact email@example.com.