The goal of the Masjid AlSalam scholarship program is to provide financial assistance for university or community college tuition to students in its community.
What we are offering:
- Four $2000/year scholarships and four $1500/year scholarships for up to two years to graduating high school students. To be awarded for the FALL 2018 semester.
Scholarships are not available for summer or minimester classes.
- Scholarship is open to everyone, with financial neediness considered as a factor.
- Applicant must reside in one of the zip codes that are designated by ISGH to be serviced by Masjid AlSalam. These include:
- 77014, 77064, 77065, 77066, 77067, 77068, 77069, 77070, 77084, 77088, 77090, 77302, 77346, 77355, 77373, 77374, 77375, 77377, 77379, 77381, 77382, 77384, 77388, 77389, 77395, 77429, 77450
- Attending an accredited public institution.
- Complete the required Masjid Al Salam Application form. Name your application file in the following format- LastnameFirstname_App
- Send an email to email@example.com that contains your completed application and a photo of a bill that has the name of someone in your house and your address.
- Applicants will then receive an ID number, which will be used for all required documents thereafter. DO NOT include your name on your essays. Include your ID # in all email correspondences.
- Submit resume via email (replace your name with your ID #). Name your file in the following format - ID#_Resume
- Submit Essay 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Essay 1 must answer the following questions “What are your academic and career goals? How will obtaining this scholarship help you attain those goals?”
- Use ID# instead of name.
- Max 2 pages, MLA Format (12 point font, 1” margins, double spaced)
- Page number and ID# in the header.
- The title of your paper should be “Essay 1- [your title]”
- Name your file in the following format- ID#_E1
- See this example
- Submit Essay 2 to email@example.com answering the prompt of essay A, B or C from Apply Texas.
- Only one of the three essays (A, B, or C) that were prompted for are required for the Essay 2 requirement. (Link to Essay Topics - https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/includes_v2/essay_prompts_2017.pdf).
- Paper length should be between 1 page double spaced (22 lines) and 3 and an half pages double spaced (~80 lines). We will accept any essay you submitted to ApplyTexas, but we do not recommend you go beyond ~80 lines.
- Follow the same formatting guidelines as Essay 1.
- The title of your essay should be “Topic A/B/C- [your title]”
- Name your file in the following format - ID#_E2
- Top scoring applicants will be required to attend an interview with the selection committee
- Fall 2018 Recipients will be announced prior to high school graduation and will be asked to submit a photo ID and university information.
- Fall 2018 deadline - March 1st
- Fall 2018 recipients announced - June 2018
Requirements to maintain scholarship:
- 3.0+ GPA
- 12 credit hours a semester
- Complete 50 community service hours a year per semester of scholarship awarded PLUS one year.
- Good Academic Standing
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.