Masjid AlSalam's Weekend Islamic School (WIS) provides an excellent Islamic environment for Muslim children to grow, learn Islamic values and develop life-long friendships with their Muslim peers. The school offers classes on Islamic Studies, Quran Recitation, Quran Memorization, Tafseer and Arabic geared toward understanding Quran and building Arabic vocabulary.
**At this time we are no longer accepting Sunday Program Enrollments; however, we can offer you enrollment into our Saturday Program!**
As-Salaam wa Alaykum, Parents! Registrations are now open!
Please read the information below in its entirety:
- The minimum enrollment age for Pre-K is 4.5 years.
- Semester fees are due at the time of registration! We do not accept any form of payment in the office.
- Credit card payments must be made online via the link provided below.
- We institute a first come, first served policy with respect to enrollment and seating!
- Please understand that payment does NOT mean automatic enrollment! All enrollments require Administrative approval and confirmation before a child is given seat!
- Register online by clicking on the link: here
- You may complete payment by clicking on the link: here
- Please note that we will NOT be accepting any form of payment in the office. All payments MUST be made at the link above.
- For financial assistance please submit your most recent tax return to: [email protected]
Fee structures are as follows:
1 Child Registered: $400/yr ($200/semester)
2 Children (siblings only) Registered: $740 ($370/semester)
3 Children (siblings only) Registered: $1020 ($510/semester)
4 or more Children (siblings only) Registered: $1300 ($280/child for each child after the fourth child - $650/semester)
Refund Information is a follows:
o Refunds are not determined by lack of attendance: if you paid, you reserved a seat regardless of whether or not that seat was occupied.
o Refunds will be given up to 1.5 months from the starting date of the semester.
- Refund information is as follows:
- Within 3 weeks: full refund
- Within 4 weeks: 75%
- Within 5 weeks: 50% refund
- Withdrawal after 5 weeks = no refund
Important Dates & Things to Know:
- First Day of Classes: September 7th/8th
- School Timings: Saturday or Sunday: 10 AM to 2 PM
For any Weekend School related inquiries please fill out the form at the bottom or send an email to : [email protected]
Keep Up with Kids Performance
Please log in to the SunWeb Portal to monitor your kids grades, fees balance and communications received from teachers.
Curriculum and Text Books
The curriculum for the WIS is focused on three key areas: Islamic Studies, Qur'an, and Arabic/Tafseer. Primary texts used within each area are specified below.
Younger levels employ additional material which may include understanding the concepts of Islam and basic Arabic writing through coloring books. Several media presentations related to understanding Islam are presented to students of all levels.
The Islamic Studies books for Al-Salam Sunday Schools are adapted from Weekend Learning Publishers which are based on a comprehensive 10-year curriculum. The curriculum covers broad aspects of Islam based on the Qur’an and authentic Hadith. The lessons in the curriculum are presented in a logical, systematic manner to suit the teaching needs of a weekend Islamic school or home school. Topics are selected based on age, grade and the learning level of each grade.
Qur'an and Arabic Tafseer
This year students will not be divided between the three levels of Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced Quran and Arabic. Instead each student will be assigned to the Quran and Arabic class that coincides with their grade levels. Besides memorization equal emphasis is placed on how to read Quran and understanding the meaning and tafseer of the Surah being memorized. Arabic classes are geared towards building vocabulary for understanding the Surah being memorized and learned.